ABOUT IRAQI-GERMAN CONFERENCE ON QUALITY OF MEDICAL SERVICES AND HOSPITAL ACCREDITATION
Patients seeking for medical treatment worldwide must rely on the adherence of the medical service provider to ethics, quality and the understanding of service needs as well as the assurance of the “continuum of care” starting with the preparation of the patient’s admission and not ending once the patient is discharged.
Accreditation is the process of external, outside experts to conduct a review of the hospital or clinic to validate existing quality, patient safety and other applicable standards and to improve the medical and non-clinical services provided to patients and accompanying persons.
International accreditation bodies offer respective programs for hospitals and clinics conducting some type of review of the organization’s policies, procedures and other quality documentation to measure compliance with a set of accreditation standards provided by the accreditation body.
The conference will address the following topics and defines respective roles and responsibilities aiming at being a best practice approach and a guideline to ensure high-quality services from medical service providers’ side and to support transparency, ethics, patient safety, and continuity of care for patients worldwide.
International understanding of quality and quality management in healthcare
Importance of quality management systems: quality – marketing – branding
Example patient safety: hospital and patients’ perspective
Legal, cultural and ethical aspects in local and international patient management
Iraqi experience on quality improvement of private and public hospitals
What is accreditation? Why do we do it? What is the difference between quality management and accreditation? What is the impact on quality of provided services
Patients’ perception of accreditation
Risk management as a crucial part of the organization’s strategic planning as well as international accreditation programs
Questions and answers - discussion
This training is aimed at management members of hospitals and clinics as well as members of governmental institutions, and others interested in gaining key competencies to improve quality and patient outcome in their medical institutions.
Training objectives and outcome:
- Understand the role of quality assurance, patient safety and quality management in healthcare organizations.
- Understand today’s patient needs and the importance of patient experience.
- Understand what accreditation means and how it can add value to the organization.
- Understand why risk management is a crucial part of the organization’s strategic planning and demanded by international accreditation bodies.
- Understand cultural and ethical aspects in medical services from the international perspective.
- Understand how accreditation can be used to support marketing and branding.
- Exchange with colleagues from Iraqi private and public hospital sector about the current status and future targets.
- Explore opportunities for cooperation and partnerships.
- Develop and identify key strategies for your own organizational needs to support successful medical services using international accreditation standards
- Evaluation and feedback
In coopeartion with
Venue and general information
Here you’ll find detailed information on the venue
Here you’ll find our program of the conference