Hospitals that meet the following eligibility requirements may apply for Temos’ ISQua/IEEA accredited “Quality in Patient Care” program:
- 1. Operates as a licensed healthcare provider in its respective country, providing medical services for in- and/or outpatients.
- 2. Works to improve the quality of its medical and non-medical services through a continuous quality improvement program within its quality management system.
- 3. Confirms and proves that its medical facility practices are in accordance with current international standards of medical ethics, as stated in the World Medical Association (WMA) International Code of Medical Ethics.
Any healthcare organization may apply for the ISQua/IEEA accredited “Excellence in Medical Tourism” program if it fulfills the following eligibility requirements:
1. Operates as a licensed health care provider in its respective country, providing medical
services for in- and/or outpatients and accepts international patients.
2. Works to improve the quality of its medical and non-medical services through a
continuous quality improvement program within its quality management system.
3. Has an “International Patient Department” or adequate unit managing international patients at the different phases of the process: pre-travel, on arrival, inpatient treatment, discharge, and post-treatment follow-up.
4. Has managed international patients for at least two years. New organizations that are
part of a hospital group needs to provide evidence about the respective experience in the group (>three years) and in the new organization (> one year).
5. Assures 24/7 access to multilingual staff (or interpreters) for patients and relatives.
6. At least 10 % of the inpatients are regional (travel within the country or cross nearby borders to receive treatment) and/or international patients.
7. Confirms and proves that its medical facility practices are in accordance with current international standards of medical ethics, as stated in the World Medical Association (WMA) International Code of Medical Ethics.
Additional note for both programs: The Temos Accreditation Standards are designed for use by the whole organization. An accreditation of selected or specific services, departments, units, or doctors is not possible. All services offered to patients are part of the accreditation process.
An Eight-Step Road to Accreditation
Your organization’s road to accreditation is an eight-step journey:
1. Register with Temos to set up your free, private, and confidential account. Receive GDPR compliant login information and provide basic information about your organization.
2. Discuss your goals with a Temos representative and receive a free, personalized, no-obligation quotation containing the fees and expenses. Accept and make the initial payment.
3. Gain access to Temos’ unique, private, and confidential online tools to simplify and expedite the self-evaluation to prepare for accreditation. Our experts are on hand to help you when needed.
4. When you are ready, submit your information online for a technical review by Temos experts to conduct a pre-on-site visit assessment.
5. Temos assessors arrive for a pre-arranged on-site visit with your team.
6. At the close of the on-site visit, the final score is provided to the client including the decision about accreditation. If satisfactory, the organization is deemed accredited. Success!
7. Two progress reports are requested from your organization, one year and then two years following accreditation.
8. Temos uses these progress reports to perform an annual review at the end of year one and again at the end of Year Two of the three-year accreditation period of validity.
Click here to download the diagram of the Eight Step Road to Accreditation cycle.
Have more questions?
Have questions about which program is best for you? Contact Temos for quick answers.
Ready to get started? Visit the Temos website at https://www.temos-worldwide.com/or contact Temos headquarters by calling us: +49 2204 42648 0 0r emailing us.